The 1st session of Parisian fashion trade shows for men and women has finished. The eyes of the world were upon whether the attack by Islamic radicals struck against fashion industry or not. In conclusion, it struck.
Especially the visitors for the research purpose found no good reason to come at the time and then cancelled visiting. Otherwise the visitors for purchasing purpose still kept their trips go on.
On the other hand, retailers in the soldes period have been damaged, say closing their shops on the 1st Sunday because of the attack. The rumor goes around that it will be a slump on this period.
In men’s wear, more visitors came to MAN Paris, (Capsule) Paris Mens. The reason is buyers have considered to purchase on Pitti Uomo (Firenze, Italy) and Paris through the cancelation of Bread & Butter, Berlin (BBB) which had been suddenly decided on 9 Dec, 2014.
BBB had announced they will recover to hold a small trade show / pop-up store and has gathered several dozen of brands, but it is already too late. The disturbance happens in Berlin that a new organizer are planning to hold a new show regarding unreliable BBB opening next July.
New and edgy brands have shown and attracted visitors at “FAME” and “future in” corner in “Trendy zone”.
* Big shows at Paris in January
– Tranoi Homme / from 22 to 24 Jan 2015
– (Capsule) Mens / from 23 to 25 Jan 2015
– MAN / from 23 to 25 Jan 2015
– Tranoi Preview / from 26 to 28 Jan 2015
– WHO’S NEXT / from 23 to 26 Jan 2015
– Premier Classe / from 23 to 26 Jan 2015
– Bijorhca / from 23 to 26 Jan 2015
– Interfiliere / from 24 to 26 Jan 2015
– Maison et Object / from 23 to 27 Jan 2015
( Contributed by ” Journal Cubocci ” )
TrunkShow – Building Asian Fashion Communities
by Open-Clothes Inc. in Asia/Tokyo